Flourless Chocolate Torte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Sometimes you want something rich and fudgy, and our Flourless Chocolate Torte is just what you've been looking for. One bite of this flourless chocolate torte with raspberry sauce, and you'll be in dessert heaven! It's so good, we won't blame you if you keep this easy chocolate torte recipe all to yourself. But as easy torte recipes go, we think this is one of the best, so feel free share! And if you're looking for even more recipes with chocolate, check out our free cookbook of Our 30 Best Chocolate Recipes!
What You'll Need
- 2 (8-ounce) packages semisweet baking chocolate squares, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or 2 tablespoons strong coffee, chilled
- 8 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Raspberry sauce and whipped cream for garnish
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
In a large saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate and butter; cook and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in liqueur; cool slightly.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form. In another large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar at medium speed until thick and pale. Fold one-third of chocolate mixture into yolk mixture. Gently fold in one-third of egg whites. Fold in remaining chocolate mixture and egg whites. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 30 minutes, or until edges are set (center will not be set). Remove from oven and gently run a knife around edge of pan to release torte. Cool to room temperature in pan on a wire rack.
Cover and chill 8 hours. Remove sides of pan and place on platter. Serve with raspberry sauce and whipped cream.
- This decadent dessert is similar to a souffle, so expect it to fall slightly and to crack on top shortly after removing it from the oven.
- Another flourless dessert option that definitely won't disappoint is our Chocolate Raspberry Tarts. They're fabulous!
- Did you know that this flourless chocolate torte freezes well? For even more freezable desserts, check out our collection of Freeze-Ahead Desserts for the Holidays!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!