Homestyle Buttermilk Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bake up a tried-and-true favorite with our recipe for Homestyle Buttermilk Cake. This cake will remind you of all the times grandma would call you to the table and have a large slice and a glass of milk waiting for you. It's such a classic!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat flour mixture and buttermilk into butter mixture, alternating until thoroughly combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter evenly into baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; let cool.
- To make the Frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Spread frosting over cake.
- Hungry for more? We've got even more school lunch recipes from our Cafeteria Week below!
- Kids can enjoy this delicious cake with a glass of cold milk, but adults will probably enjoy it with a cup of coffee. Why not try one of our make-at-home coffee shop favorites?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!