Italian Cream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 15 Min
Our bakery-style Italian Cream Cake recipe may be a cake mix recipe, but it ends up with layer upon layer of a to-die-for from-scratch taste that'll make you feel like a star baker. You're gonna love how easy it is to make this Italian Cream Cake recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix with pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3-1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 2/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 2 (12-ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, and oil 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and 2/3 cup pecans. Pour into prepared cake pans.
Bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
Sprinkle each cake layer with rum, if desired; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir together frosting and remaining pecans. Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake (See Tips). Chill 2 hours before slicing.
- Always cool the cake layers completely and brush away excess crumbs before frosting. Stack the first 2 layers on a serving plate, bottom-side up, then place the top layer right-side up. This will make a straight and tall cake. Spread a thin layer of frosting on the sides to set any crumbs, then spread frosting generously on the sides and tops. Now you've got a perfect layer cake! Click here for more baking tips and tricks.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- We've got even more Italian sweets like this Italian Cream Cake recipe in our collection of 8 Easy Italian Dessert Recipes, so be sure to check them all out!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The award for most Oscar-worthy snack goes to...Red Carpet Popcorn Crunch! (Hey, just because you weren't invited to the Governor's Ball doesn't mean you can't have some delicious fun!) This recipe is 5-ingredient easy and is perfect for nibbling on while you watch to see who the next big winner will be.