Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This lighter-than-air Lemon Chiffon Angel Cake features a tangy surprise filling right at its center. It's a guiltless treat that's perfect for summer or anytime of the year.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-inch) prepared angel food cake
- 1 1/2 cups lemon curd, with 3 tablespoons reserved for topping (about 14 ounces)
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Place cake on a serving plate. Cut a 1-inch horizontal layer off top of cake. Without cutting through bottom of cake, make a vertical cut 1/2 inch from outside edge of cake all the way around cake. Make another vertical cut (parallel to first cut) 1/2 inch from inside edge of cake all around cake. Gently remove cake between 2 cuts, forming a trench, and reserve removed cake for another use. Be careful not to tear bottom of cake.
- Spoon lemon curd into hollowed out cake and replace top layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix whipped topping and reserved lemon curd until smooth. Frost cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with raspberries and fresh mint.
- For another cool and refreshing dessert option, check out our Minty Ice Cream Pie!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!