Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's said that one of Abraham Lincoln's favorite desserts was his wife's white almond cake. In fact, it's the cake that she baked him to woo him! In his honor, we came up with this recipe for Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake, which we hope will woo you too!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup blanched almonds, chopped in a food processor until they resemble a coarse flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, alternating with milk, and beat until well combined. Add almonds and vanilla; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into batter. Spoon evenly into Bundt pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes, then invert onto wire rack to finish cooling. Place cake on serving platter.
- Remove lid and foil top from frosting container and microwave 20 to 30 seconds, or until pourable. Drizzle frosting over cake and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
We can honor another of our presidents (or just wow the gang!) with our Jelly Bean Brittle!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.