Peanut Butter Mousse Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
This heavenly tasting, easy-to-make dessert is a contrast of favorite tastes: creamy peanut butter and crunchy peanuts in a chocolate cookie crust! What a way to celebrate our love for the pairing of sweet and salty!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/2 cup peanuts, and butter; mix well. Press into bottom of an ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1-1/2 cups heavy cream until stiff; set aside. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla; mix well. Fold in whipped cream and pour into cooled crust.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, or until set.
- In a small saucepan, combine granulated sugar and remaining heavy cream over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Mix until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Cool 3 to 5 minutes then spread evenly over peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or until set.
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of the Peanut Board.
- Want even more of our favorite peanut butter recipes? Check out our collection Peanut Butter Recipes: Our Top 40 Recipes with Peanut Butter.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 891
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64g 99 %
- Saturated Fat 26g 130 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 18g 37 %
- Cholesterol 101mg 34 %
- Sodium 542mg 23 %
- Total Carbohydrates 67g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 48g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)