Quick Tres Leches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tres leches translates from Spanish to "three milks." Quick Tres Leches translates in any language to a moist, decadent dessert that's prepared in minutes (and gone just as quickly)!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) prepared angel food cake, cut into -inch slices (see Note)
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat 1-1/2 cups heavy cream for 5 to 7 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Add 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk; stir to mix well. Cover and chill for about 10 minutes.
- Place cake slices in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, remaining sweetened condensed milk, and 1/2 cup cream. Pour over cake slices and cover; allow to absorb for about 15 minutes. Top cake with chilled whipped cream mixture and serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
You can usually find prepared angel food cakes in the bakery department of your supermarket. Of course, if you have the time, go ahead and make your own.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!