"Souper" Spice Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spices were so important in "the olden days" that they were used for trading. Sure, they're still important today, but for their flavor more than their value. So when you're sinking your teeth into this dessert delight, think about how much each bite of this spice cake might have been worth years ago!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans or one 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on low speed for about 1 minute. Blend on high for about 4 minutes, until well mixed.
- Pour the batter evenly into the cake pan(s) and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting and layering. If frosted, store cake in the refrigerator.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The award for most Oscar-worthy snack goes to...Red Carpet Popcorn Crunch! (Hey, just because you weren't invited to the Governor's Ball doesn't mean you can't have some delicious fun!) This recipe is 5-ingredient easy and is perfect for nibbling on while you watch to see who the next big winner will be.