"Souper" Spice Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spices were so important in "the olden days" that they were used for trading. Sure, they're still important today, but for their flavor more than their value. So when you're sinking your teeth into this dessert delight, think about how much each bite of this spice cake might have been worth years ago!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans or one 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on low speed for about 1 minute. Blend on high for about 4 minutes, until well mixed.
- Pour the batter evenly into the cake pan(s) and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting and layering. If frosted, store cake in the refrigerator.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 312
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 11g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 4.4g 9 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 532mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 51g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.