Strawberry-Lemon Crunch Cake
By: Sucheta Rawal, GoEatGive.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 23 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 23 Min
This colorful cake gets its crunch from the crushed lemon cookies on top! For an Easter dessert spread that is as delicious as it is pretty, this Strawberry-Lemon Crunch Cake should be at the top of your list! This crowd-pleasing cake comes from Sucheta Rawal of Go. Eat. Give.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pkg angel food cake mix
- 16 ounces frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 6 lemon cookies, crushed gently
- 2 cups vanilla frozen whipped topping, at room temperature
What To Do:
- Prepare angel food cake mix according to box instructions.
- Combine strawberries, cream and corn starch in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and chill.
- For lemon curd mixture, beat eggs and sugar in the top of a double boiler.
- Stir in lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the crushed cookies into the curd mixture. Let cool.
- In a large(8-inch) trifle bowl, layer the angel food cake slices. Top with the lemon curd mixture.
- Add another layer of angel food cake, followed by the strawberry cream. Use the remaining angel food cake to layer above the strawberry cream.
- Top it off with half of the whipped topping.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, create flowers with the whipped topping. Decorate with very thinly sliced lemons.
This recipe is courtesy of Sucheta Rawal of Go. Eat. Give.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.