The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Are you ready for a cake recipe that will trump any other cake you ever make again? The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake has that heavenly, chocolate-y goodness you love with a melt-in-your-mouth sweetness you won't be able to resist.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup canned chocolate frosting
What to Do
- Bake cake according to package directions for 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Let cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla. Cook about 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Place one cake layer flat side down on a serving platter. Spread half the coconut mixture on top. Top with second cake layer and remaining coconut mixture.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave frosting 10 to 15 seconds, or until slightly thin. Drizzle over top and sides of cake. Store cake in refrigerator.
- Garnish with a few pecan halves.
- Looking for more great desserts made with sweetened condensed milk? Well then check out our collection of Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes: 14 Recipes Using Condensed Milk!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 649
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38g 59 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 68 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 8.2g 16 %
- Cholesterol 69mg 23 %
- Sodium 490mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 55g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cookie recipe combines two of Mrs. Claus' holiday favorites: gingerbread and eggnog! Mrs. Claus' Holiday Cookie Cups look great on a Christmas cookie platter, but they taste even better. After all, what could be better than a gingerbread cup filled with a fluffy eggnog cream? (Rumor has it that Santa and the elves really love these!)