We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 4 Hr 25 Min
Did you know Tiramisu means "pick me up" in Italian? Makes sense considering the delicious coffee flavor that comes through in each bite of this cake. Everyone'll be begging you for this recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (18.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3-ounce) package ladyfingers, split
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What To Do:
Bake cake batter according to package directions for two 9-inch round cakes; let cool.
In a small bowl, combine coffee and liqueur; set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat mascarpone cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
Place one cake layer upside down on a serving platter and prick top several times with a fork. Pour half of coffee mixture slowly over top, allowing it to absorb into cake. Spread cheese mixture evenly over layer, then place second cake layer right side up over cheese mixture. Prick top of second cake layer several times with a fork and pour remaining coffee mixture over top. Frost side and top of cake with whipped topping. Place split ladyfingers around side of cake, with flat sides pressing into frosting, then sprinkle top with cocoa.
- Cover loosely and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Mascarpone cheese is a soft, sweet Italian cheese, similar in consistency to soft cream cheese. It's commonly used in dips and in sweet dishes like tiramisu and can generally be found in the cheese section of your supermarket.
- Tiramisu is a huge favorite in our Test Kitchen! If you love it as much as we do, you'll also want to try our Tiramisu Pancakes and Tiramisu Trifle!
- Love this Tiramisu Cake recipe? Then you'll wanna check out our collection of 8 Easy Italian Dessert Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Grande Chicken Fajitas are a Southwest-favorite! The key to making these really flavorful is to start off with well-seasoned chicken, which is why we coat ours with lots of spices. Add in plenty of tender-cooked peppers and onions and you've got yourself the bare bones of a Tex-Mex restaurant classic. Now, go on and dig in!