Tropical Angel Food Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One bite of this tropical delight instantly transports us to a far-off tropical island. . .and we can get there in just 20 minutes! Can you think of a more yummy escape?
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 (10-inch) prepared angel food cake
- 12 to 16 stemmed maraschino cherries
What To Do:
In a medium skillet, toast coconut over medium heat until golden, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add pineapple, evaporated milk, butter, and sugar; mix well and bring to a boil. Let boil 5 to 7 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Return coconut to skillet and stir in nuts.
Slice cake in half horizontally and spoon half of the pineapple mixture over bottom cake half. Replace cake top and top with remaining pineapple mixture. Garnish with cherries.
Slice and serve, or cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Just add a scoop of low-fat frozen vanilla yogurt to serve this cake à la mode.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Craving a big, fluffy, cheesy omelet like the kind you can order at your favorite breakfast restaurant? Here it is! We've stuffed this one with lots of onion, green pepper, and ham to create The World's Best Western Omelet. Once you see how easy it is, you'll be making overstuffed omelets all the time!
- Peach Melba Dump Cake
- Ugly Cake
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Presidential Cake
- Black Forest "Quickie"
- Fruit Filled Coffee Cake
- Homemade Frosting Recipes: 18 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More
- Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- Blueberries 'n' Cream Cake
- Neighborhood Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Country Lemon Coffee Cake