Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For those times when you need a classic white cake that everybody will love, you can't go wrong with this vanilla cake recipe that you dress up with homemade chocolate cream cheese frosting.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and water; mix well. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add vanilla and cocoa and continue beating until thoroughly mixed. Add confectioners’ sugar gradually and continue to mix until well blended. Spread frosting evenly over cooled cake.
- If you liked this Vanilla Cake recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- You'll find even more frosting ideas in our collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 17 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
- Only have chocolate cake mix on hand? No problem! We've got some Incredible Chocolate Cake Mix Recipes for you to try, too!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!