Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
- READY IN
- 40 Min
As far as cracker candy recipes go, Brickle Crunch is one of the best! Between the buttery layer we call brickle, and the chocolatey layer that goes on top, we can't decide which layer is the one that makes us smile the most!
What You'll Need:
- 35 saltine crackers (about 1 sleeve from a 16-ounce box)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (1 six-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 10- x 15- inch cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Lay out crackers on cookie sheet, packing tightly.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter, then add sugar and boil, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes, until sugar is completely dissolved. Immediately pour mixture over crackers and bake 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate and peanut butter morsels over crackers, return to oven for 1 minute. Remove and evenly spread chocolate.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, then break into pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is great topped with chopped nuts or flaked coconut; just sprinkle either on top before refrigerating. It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Calories 229
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 178mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 19g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.