Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 2 dozen treats
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Our yummy Cashew Turtles are so easy to make and pack the pleasing contrast of smooth caramel and crunchy nuts. You can't go wrong with these mouthwatering treats!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 to 1 pound cashew nuts
- 1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 (11-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
What To Do:
- Cover 2 rimmed baking sheets with waxed paper and coat with cooking spray. Arrange the cashew nuts into 24 groups on rimmed baking sheets.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels with cream over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Spoon caramel mixture over each nut group quickly while still hot (reheat if caramel gets too thick).
- In another small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with shortening over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle chocolate over caramel and nuts and let stand until firm, or refrigerate 15 minutes.
These will work with any type of nut, so substitute your favorite variety and enjoy the contrasts of chewy and crunchy!
- Want even more easy candy recipes? Then you'll love our free eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Melt Away Peanut Butter Fudge
- Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- To-Die-For Chocolate Fudge Recipes: 12 Homemade Fudge Recipes
- Ice Cube Chocolates
- Cranberry Clusters
- Butter Pecan Fudge
- Homemade Cracker Candy
- Irish Potato Candy