Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're saluting the All-American sport of baseball with our recipe for Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle. In fact, we think this easy peanut candy is sure to be a real "hit" with your gang!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
What to Do
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, then grease with the butter.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt to a boil. Continue cooking until syrup is golden and hard-crack stage is reached, stirring constantly (see Note).
- Remove from heat and stir in peanuts and baking soda. Spread peanut mixture in a thin layer on prepared baking sheet and allow to cool completely.
- Break into bite-sized pieces and serve, or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- To test for the hard-crack stage: Drop a bit of the mixture from a teaspoon into a glass of cold water. If it forms thin threads that crack easily, it has reached the hard-crack stage. If not, continue to cook the mixture, then test it again after a bit. Oh — be careful when working with the hot sugar mixture!
- Homemade candy makes a wonderful treat for your gang or a great gift! Why not try our Chocolate Almond Truffles for a special delight!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.