Amish Chicken Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Amish Country recipe is sure to be a popular one at your house. We take the shortcut liberty of using cooked rotisserie chicken to get our Amish Chicken Casserole from the oven to the table quickly. You won't find another Amish casserole recipe like this one! Pair it with a side of veggies, and you're sure to have a fantastic dinner on the table.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter; gradually add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth and milk; increase heat to medium and cook until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, chicken, mushrooms, onion, and parsley; stir in sauce. Spoon mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes, or until heated through.
- We like to pair this chicken casserole with a crispy wedge salad or classic Amish side dish recipe like Chow Chow Relish!
- Can't get enough of our Amish Chicken Casserole? Then, check out these 6 classic Amish casserole recipes or check out 10 more of our favorite chicken casserole recipes.
- We've also got some easy Amish side dish recipes that are too good to miss and an entire FREE Welcome to Amish Country: 16 Easy Amish Recipes eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.