Amish Ham and Cheese Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Amish recipes are all the rage, probably because of their huge comfort factor. Our easy version of this classic country Amish Ham and Cheese Casserole takes advantage of some supermarket shortcuts. Same great taste, but a bit less work for us.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pound pasteurized prepared cheese, cut into cubes (like Velveeta)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained and quartered
- 4 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Add milk and cheese, and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients; pour into casserole dish.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 390
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 50 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 26g 52 %
- Cholesterol 89mg 30 %
- Sodium 1,804mg 75 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 16 %
- Sugars 9.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)