Cheddar Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Need an easy side dish that requires very little prep? Try out our Cheddar Potato Casserole. It's so simple to put together and it bakes up to a crisp golden brown. These cheesy, creamy potatoes are sure to be a hit at your dinner table!
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in potato flakes and onion; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and top with cream.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and the edges are golden.
For all of you who are skeptical about using instant potato flakes, go ahead and give 'em a try in this recipe. You won't be disappointed.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)