Chunky Chicken Noodle Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Use your noodle! Next time you're invited to a potluck supper, wow the crowd with this Chunky Chicken Noodle Casserole filled with lots of chicken chunks, egg noodles, and a couple of your favorite veggies.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
What To Do:
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat; gradually add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth and milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add noodles, chicken, peas and mushrooms to sauce, mix well. Spoon mixture into baking dish. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
At first glance, you might think this is a rice dish, but it's actually a pasta side dish! Ya see, orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta, that's often used interchangeably with rice. In our recipe for Orzo Mushroom Toss, we used orzo for its nuttier flavor, which goes great with the fresh mushrooms!