We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Classic dishes never go out of style, and this easy recipe for Hungarian goulash will be one of your favorites. Watch them clean their plates once you set this classic goulash on the table. Goulash is one of those old-world dishes that never fails to please, and now you can learn how to make old fashioned goulash in just a few simple steps. With savory seasonings and hearty stick-to-your-ribs appeal, this Classic Goulash is a perfect meal to satisfy a hungry gang!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring to crumble the beef, until no pink remains; drain excess liquid.
Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Place in a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish, cover, and bake 22 to 25 minutes.
Remove casserole from oven, uncover, and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Classic Goulash made our reader favorites list for 2010! Check out all the top 20 recipes of 2010.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection pages: Easy Pasta Bake Recipes and Easy Goulash Recipes (we've got some great goulash recipes on there!).
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says you have to go outside to make an amazing BBQ dinner? Not us! With our recipe for Skillet Barbecued Chicken you can cook up a summer favorite...indoors! So, whether it's snowing, raining, or you just don't feel like firing up the grill, this barbecue chicken recipe is just perfect. Trust us, every bite is lip-smackin' good.
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 29 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles
- Veggie Beef Casserole
- Corn Chip Chicken Casserole
- Best Make-Ahead Casseroles: 10 Frozen Casserole Recipes You Need
- Baked Goulash
- Pork Chop Casserole
- Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Minnesota Hot Dish