Golden Chicken Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
It's good to keep biscuit baking mix on hand for stretching our food budgets and making the most of leftovers. Take this dish...with leftover chicken and some Cheddar cheese, we'll have a golden-crusted meal fit for a king! Make this Golden Chicken Casserole once, and we bet you'll have a whole new outlook on leftovers.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-1/2 -ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine soup, sour cream, and 1/2 cup milk; mix well. Add chicken, vegetables, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal, egg, and remaining 3/4 cup milk; mix well then spoon over chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is set and golden.
- To lighten this recipe a little, you can always substitute a reduced-fat soup, sour cream, or milk for the "regular" ingredient.
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration.
- If you like cooking made easy, check out our 24 Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes. They're also great for leftover chicken.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes You May Like
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!