Hot Dog Cornbread Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Hot Dog Cornbread Casserole is a tasty way to use up all of your leftover hot dogs. Top it off with some chili and cheese, and you'll have a dish the whole gang'll line up for! Hot dog!
What You'll Need
- 2 (8-1/2-ounce) packages corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 to 5 hot dogs, cut in 1/2-inch slices (see note)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, eggs, milk, and cayenne pepper with a spoon; mix well. Stir in hot dogs, then pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes, then slice.
- Feel free to use hot dogs right out of the package or grill them first for that BBQ flavor.
- And if you want to give this a bit of that southwestern zip, top with chili and some shredded Cheddar cheese before serving.
- All you need is a crispy, crunchy salad like our Broccoli Raisin Salad, and you've got a beautiful meal that your group is sure to love!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!