King Ranch Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in soup, diced tomatoes, and chili powder. Cook just until warmed.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with half the tortilla strips. Sprinkle half the chicken over tortilla strips, top with half the sauce, and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.
- Find even more great Texas dishes like this King Ranch Casserole recipe, in our collection of 8 Easy Texas Recipes.
- Hey, you can have a King Ranch Casserole for breakfast, too! Just check out our recipe for King Ranch Breakfast Bake.
- Looking for more make-ahead casseroles? Check out this collection!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.