Layered Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Ooey," "gooey," "melty," and "yummy" are a few of the words you'll think of when you taste Layered Macaroni and Cheese, an extra-creamy version of everyone's favorite macaroni and cheese recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni, cooked
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 1/3 of the macaroni in baking dish. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups cheese. Repeat layers; top with remaining macaroni. Reserve remaining 1 cup cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until blended; pour over macaroni.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes, or until heated through. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese and the paprika. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 627
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42g 65 %
- Saturated Fat 26g 129 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 38g 75 %
- Cholesterol 219mg 73 %
- Sodium 1,217mg 51 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 5.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
At first glance, you might think this is a rice dish, but it's actually a pasta side dish! Ya see, orzo is a small, rice-shaped pasta, that's often used interchangeably with rice. In our recipe for Orzo Mushroom Toss, we used orzo for its nuttier flavor, which goes great with the fresh mushrooms!