Southwestern Layered Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Southwestern Layered Rice is a casserole that's as crunchy as it is creamy. Try out this dish on your family. They're sure to love it!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, chopped (see Option)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, combine scallions, bacon bits, and cheese.
- Place one-third of the rice in prepared casserole dish. Layer one-third of the sour cream mixture over rice then one-third of the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers two more times, ending with a layer of cheese mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly and brown around the edges.
You may substitute crispy, crumbled cooked bacon for the bacon bits, if you prefer.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 794
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 56g 85 %
- Saturated Fat 33g 165 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 70 %
- Cholesterol 179mg 60 %
- Sodium 1,512mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 40g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 8.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!