Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're a fan of extra-creamy and cheesy, then you're going to love our Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese. This healthier take on your favorite American classic uses a special ingredient to take it over the top!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces whole grain elbow macaroni (about 2 cups), cooked according to package directions.
- 4 slices muenster cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place squash on baking sheet.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife can easily pierce squash; let cool until able to handle, then cut in half. Scoop flesh from squash halves; discard skin. Mash squash and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine. Whisk in flour, salt, and pepper until combined. Add milk, whisking until smooth. Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring often. Add mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses and whisk until cheeses are melted. Stir in squash and add pasta; stir until coated.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place mixture in baking dish and top with muenster cheese slices.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is golden and casserole is bubbly.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 291
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 5.8g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.8g 0 %
- Protein 15g 29 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 345mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 3.8g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our All American Skillet Goulash takes a few tasty liberties with traditional goulash and makes an all American goulash that's praise-worthy. Wait 'til you taste our budget-friendly, skillet version that is pure hearty comfort food.