Tortilla Chicken Pot Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tortillas replace the traditional topping for a Mexican twist on everyone's favorite classic chicken pot pie. The gang's sure to love our Tortilla Chicken Pot Pie, that's for certain!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 12 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken, onion, bell pepper, chilies, the soups, and milk over medium heat. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, spray tortillas with cooking spray and heat one at a time in a large skillet over medium heat for about 30 seconds per side. Place 6 of the heated tortillas in a single layer in bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Spoon half of the chicken mixture evenly over tortillas and top with 1-1/2 cups cheese. Place remaining heated tortillas over cheese. Top with remaining chicken mixture and 1-1/2 cups cheese. Bake 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Celebrate Mardi Gras with a New Orleans classic! Beignets are basically fritters, in that they're made from dough that's dropped into hot oil and deep-fried until golden and delicious. Before they're ready to be enjoyed our Mardi Gras Beignets are sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, just like they do in N'awlins!
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Easy Pasta Bake Recipes: 29 Ultimate Pasta Casseroles
- Veggie Beef Casserole
- Corn Chip Chicken Casserole
- Best Make-Ahead Casseroles: 10 Frozen Casserole Recipes You Need
- Baked Goulash
- Pork Chop Casserole
- Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Minnesota Hot Dish