The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Peppermint Swirl Cheesecake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
What could possibly make our decadent, smooth and creamy homemade cheesecake even better? The added pizzazz from the peppermint flavor that comes through in every bite!
What You'll Need
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 drops red food color
- One 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- Whipped cream and candy canes for garnish (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- Place 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture in a small bowl and stir in the peppermint extract and food color; mix well. Pour the remaining cream cheese mixture into the pie crust. Smooth the top.
- Drop the peppermint mixture by spoonfuls into the mixture in the crust and swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges are set (the center will be slightly loose). Allow to cool for 1 hour then cover and chill for at least 6 hours before serving.
- To serve, top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and a miniature candy cane, if desired.
Dec 31, 2011
Don't make this! It looks and sounds really good but it isn't. Mine looked just like the picture. Even my husband who loves cheesecake didn't like it. My family didn't either. It was a big disappointment and waste because I ended up throwing it out.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- No-Bake Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Classic Italian Cheesecake
- New York Cheesecake
- Upside-Down Strawberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
- The Ultimate Dessert Menu: 35 of Our Best Cheesecake Recipes
- Cookies 'n' Cream Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake