Asiago Crusted Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We made this baked chicken even better by adding an Asiago cheese crust! Asiago Crusted Chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. We love how the Asiago cheese adds a sweet and nutty flavor that complements the homemade mushroom and tomato sauce just perfectly. This one is so good, it tastes like something you might order at a nice restaurant!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, slightly pounded
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Asiago cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, beat egg.
- Dip chicken in egg, then in bread crumb mixture, coating completely. Place on prepared baking sheet;lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic powder, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until tomatoes have broken down and formed a sauce. Serve over chicken.
- How about starting your meal with a bowl of piping hot soup? Serve up our Pasta e Fagioli, but instead of Parmesan, try sprinkling it with some Asiago cheese!
- Did You Know?: Asiago cheese is an Italian cheese that's made from cow's milk. It's often compared to Romano and Parmesan cheese because of their similarities - all three are white and crumbly cheeses. For another great recipe that calls for Asiago cheese, check out our Asiago Veal Rolls.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!