Baked Crispy Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Just 'cause you're trying to eat healthier doesn't mean you have to cut out fried chicken! Our Baked Crispy Chicken is an oven-fried chicken recipe that delivers the same amount of crispy yumminess as the deep-fried kind, but without all the guilt!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine egg, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and onion and celery salts.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour vinegar mixture over it. Cover and marinate 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, turning chicken several times.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter in a large shallow baking dish in oven.
- Place potato flakes in a shallow dish and roll chicken pieces in flakes until well coated. Place chicken pieces skin-side down in baking dish into melted butter.
- Bake 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces and bake 25 to 30 more minutes, or until cooked through.
Check This Out!
- We suggest serving these with a side of our Best Mashed Potatos Ever, our Sweet Onion Casserole, or our Thyme Roasted Mushrooms.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 494
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 6.3g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 70g 141 %
- Cholesterol 262mg 87 %
- Sodium 1,459mg 61 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 1.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.