We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bourbon chicken can be found on Chinese takeout menus and mall food courts across the country. But did you know it actually got its name from Bourbon Street in New Orleans? Whether you're serving it Mardi Gras-style or with an Asian twist, this flavorful chicken dish is simply delicious and incredibly easy to make. Give these Bourbon Chicken Bites a try when you're craving something that tastes like perfection!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cornstarch, garlic powder, ground red pepper, and salt; toss to coat well.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil. Add coated chicken in batches and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden and no pink remains, stirring frequently.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring jelly, soy sauce, and bourbon to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until jelly has melted, stirring constantly. Add chicken and toss to coat. Serve hot.
Check This Out!
- Our Bourbon Chicken goes great with a bowl of our delicious Fast Fried Rice. And after you're done enjoying your Bourbon Chicken dinner, how about having a couple of Chinese Almond Rounds for dessert?
- Want another takeout-style recipe? Be sure to try our Wonton Egg Drop Soup: Our Easiest Egg Drop Soup Recipe.
- Did You Know? No one is really sure where bourbon chicken originally came from. Some folks claim that this dish originated in New Orleans, Louisiana, and is named after the famous Bourbon street, while others claim that the chicken has roots in Kentucky's Bourbon County. What do you think?
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 398
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 33g 65 %
- Cholesterol 97mg 32 %
- Sodium 591mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!