We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bourbon chicken can be found on Chinese takeout menus and mall food courts across the country, and for good reason! This flavorful chicken dish is simply delicious and incredibly easy to make. Give these Bourbon Chicken Bites a try when you're craving slightly-sweet and sticky goodness.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
What to Do
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cornstarch, garlic powder, ground red pepper, and salt; toss to coat well.
In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add coated chicken in batches and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden and no pink remains, stirring frequently.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring jelly, soy sauce, and bourbon to a boil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until jelly has melted, stirring constantly. Add chicken and toss to coat. Serve hot.
- Our Bourbon Chicken goes great with a bowl of our delicious Fast Fried Rice. And after you're done enjoying your Bourbon Chicken dinner, how about having a couple of Chinese Almond Rounds for dessert?
- Want another takeout-style recipe? Be sure to try our Wonton Egg Drop Soup: Our Easiest Egg Drop Soup Recipe.
- Did You Know? No one is really sure where bourbon chicken originally came from. Some folks claim that this dish originated in New Orleans, Louisiana, and is named after the famous Bourbon street, while others claim that the chicken has roots in Kentucky's Bourbon County. What do you think?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 398
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 33g 65 %
- Cholesterol 97mg 32 %
- Sodium 591mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 29g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What makes this brisket recipe so simple? The fact that your slow cooker does all the work, and we think that's just great! Now you don't need a special occasion to make fork tender brisket and we can bet your family will be very happy about that