We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't believe how easy it is to turn out this Greek restaurant and festival favorite at home. Our delicious Chicken Gyros topped with traditional cucumber-yogurt sauce can be on your table in no time.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chunked
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
What To Do:
In a food processor or blender, lightly pulse yogurt, sour cream, cucumber, dill, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, leaving mixture chunky. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt, pepper, and the oregano. Add chicken to skillet, and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Pour remaining lemon juice over chicken about 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time; remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Cut chicken into strips. Open each pita pocket and, distributing evenly, fill with lettuce, tomato, and chicken. Top with cucumber sauce, and serve.
- Top with our refreshing and delicious Cucumber Sauce!
- If you're looking for more great Greek recipes, be sure to check out our collection of International Favorites: 6 Menus from Around the World.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Big flavor, little time. Now that's a combination we will always love. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a take-out classic. Grab your chopsticks (or your forks, if you prefer) and chow down on this tasty, homemade dish with your family. We love serving this one with a scoop of rice or noodles for an authentically tasty meal.
- 16 Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes
- Oven-Fried Parmesan Chicken
- 24 Quick & Easy Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- "Don't Peek" Chicken
- Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
- All-American Oven-"Fried" Drumsticks
- Southern Chicken and Waffle Bites
- Lemon Bundt Pan Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan for Two
- Our 10 Favorite Chicken Breast Recipes