We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't believe how easy it is to turn out this Greek restaurant and festival favorite at home. Our delicious Chicken Gyros topped with traditional cucumber-yogurt sauce can be on your table in no time.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chunked
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half
- 2 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
What To Do:
In a food processor or blender, lightly pulse yogurt, sour cream, cucumber, dill, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, leaving mixture chunky. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt, pepper, and the oregano. Add chicken to skillet, and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Pour remaining lemon juice over chicken about 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time; remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Cut chicken into strips. Open each pita pocket and, distributing evenly, fill with lettuce, tomato, and chicken. Top with cucumber sauce, and serve.
- Top with our refreshing and delicious Cucumber Sauce!
- If you're looking for more great Greek recipes, be sure to check out our collection of International Favorites: 6 Menus from Around the World.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say goodbye to boring hot dogs and hello to ones that are deli-delicious! Our Reuben Dogs are a mashup between a favorite deli sandwich (the Reuben!) and perfectly-cooked hot dogs. The tang of the sauerkraut, the gooeyness of the cheese, and the flavor of the Russian dressing make our hot dogs taste extra-special.