We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Money-saving chicken thighs are the key to this twist on traditional Chinese pork spareribs. Our Chicken Spareribs recipe packs all the taste of that Asian sauce yet thanks to the chicken, is a bit lower in fat.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and brown on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup water, the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, and ginger; stir into chicken.
Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water. Stir into chicken and cook until sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.
Be sure to serve over a bed of white rice to soak up all that yummy, sticky sauce!
Finish off this Asian-inspired meal with a plate of delicious Chinese Almond Rounds.
- If you love chicken thighs for their delicious taste, convenience, and affordability, click here for more great recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The award for most Oscar-worthy snack goes to...Red Carpet Popcorn Crunch! (Hey, just because you weren't invited to the Governor's Ball doesn't mean you can't have some delicious fun!) This recipe is 5-ingredient easy and is perfect for nibbling on while you watch to see who the next big winner will be.