Tortellini with Chicken and Pesto
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Whip up something tasty with our recipe for Tortellini with Chicken and Pesto. You'll love how the cheesy tortellini and chicken come together with a delicious homemade pesto sauce. This fresh-tasting dish is great for a potluck or family dinner. Plus, it's ready in less than 15 minutes!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 pounds cooked chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
What To Do:
- In a blender or food processor, combine, basil, oil, Parmesan cheese, nuts, garlic, and salt; blend until smooth and set pesto aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini 6 to 7 minutes or until soft; drain and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, place tortellini, chicken, and roasted pepper. Pour 3/4 cup pesto over tortellini mixture and toss gently until evenly coated.
Refrigerate any leftover pesto for later use. And if you prefer to use store-bought pesto, go ahead. Any kind will work!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)