Country Chicken and Waffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This southern-style classic combo is a hearty and fun weeknight meal. Our Country Chicken and Waffles recipe cooks up quickly with that down-home taste that will stick to your ribs.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 frozen waffles
- 3 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms and saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook until wine has evaporated. Add heavy cream, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Toast waffles and place on a serving plate. Top with warmed chicken, then spoon mushroom gravy over top. Serve immediately.
Just add a side of our Butter Glazed Carrots and your meal is complete!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!