Country French Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Country French Chicken takes your taste buds to the French countryside when you prepare this flavor-packed recipe for whole chicken and veggies that roast to tender perfection with white wine and fresh herbs.
What You'll Need
- 2 small onions, cut into quarters, divided
- 1 cup parsley sprigs, washed
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
- 6 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 8 ounces baby carrots
What to Do
Soak a clay cooking pot and lid in water for 10 to 15 minutes. (See Note)
Place half the onion quarters and the parsley in cavity of chicken. Tie the legs together with string and place in pot. Evenly sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme. Add wine, if desired, potatoes, carrots, and remaining onion pieces around chicken. Cover pot with lid and place in cold oven.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 90 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Carefully remove lid from pot and continue cooking 10 to 15 more minutes for a crisper chicken.
No clay pot? No problem! Simply use a heavy ceramic baking dish and cover it with foil.
- Serve this up with a side of our cheesy Scalloped Potatoes!