Dining Room Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a dish that's worthy of being served in a fancy dining room! Our Dining Room Chicken recipe looks and tastes like it was made in a restaurant, but is actually easy enough to whip up anytime. Your guests won't believe you made it yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chicken (3 to 4 pounds), quartered
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (17-ounce) can apricot halves in syrup, drained, chopped, and divided, with syrup reserved
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a roasting pan with cooking spray. Evenly sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Rub mixture over chicken then place chicken in pan; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining brown sugar, the cornstarch, cranberry sauce, half the apricots, and the reserved syrup; mix well.
- Uncover chicken and pour cranberry mixture over it; return chicken to oven and bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 additional minutes, or until juices run clear. Place chicken on a serving platter and garnish with remaining apricot pieces.
- These leftovers make a great special fruity chicken salad. Just cut the chicken into chunks and toss with mayonnaise.
- To make sure your gang enjoys every last bit of this delicious sauce, be sure to serve this with our Festive Rice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).