"Don't Peek" Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hey you, no peeking! There's a reason why we call this chicken casserole "Don't Peek" Chicken! It's 'cause keeping the foil tight on this recipe is what makes sure that all the yummy flavors spread throughout. So, resist the urge! (You'll thank us later!)
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (from a 2-ounce box)
- 1 soup can cold water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together rice, soups, soup mix, water, garlic, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press chicken into mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, then cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours. Do NOT open cover (not even to peek!) during baking.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley before serving for an impressive finishing touch.
- This is great made ahead and rewarmed in the oven or microwave. For a different taste treat, why not try adding some carrot or celery chunks or using flavored rice? And remember, bottled garlic is a wonderful time-saver.
- If you're looking for more great weeknight dinners like this "Don't Peek" Chicken, check out our free eCookbook, Easy Weeknight Dinners: 20 Recipes for the Busy Cook.
- Plus, if you're looking for some excellent sides, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Tasty, Easy Vegetable Recipes: 35 Vegetable Side Dishes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say goodbye to boring hot dogs and hello to ones that are deli-delicious! Our Reuben Dogs are a mashup between a favorite deli sandwich (the Reuben!) and perfectly-cooked hot dogs. The tang of the sauerkraut, the gooeyness of the cheese, and the flavor of the Russian dressing make our hot dogs taste extra-special.