Garden Chicken 'n' Veggies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Unwrap a bundle of goodness with our recipe for Garden Chicken 'n' Veggies. Apart from being so darn tasty, this foil packet recipe also puts to rest two mealtime dilemmas: portioning and cleanup. You'll be amazed at how easy dinner is when you've got a recipe like this one!
What You'll Need
- 1 (0.7-ounce) envelope dry Italian dressing mix, with 1 tablespoon reserved
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 onion, cut in half moon slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Tear 4 pieces of aluminum foil, each about 12 x 18 inches.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with dressing mix, then lay each piece of chicken on a piece of aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine bell pepper, zucchini, onion, the reserved 1 tablespoon Italian dressing mix, and oil; toss until vegetables are completely coated. Distribute vegetable mixture evenly over chicken breasts and drizzle any remaining dressing over vegetables.Sprinkle cheese over vegetables and seal packets tightly. Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- If you prefer to make these on the grill, just heat the grill to medium-high heat and cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center!
- For more fantastic dinner recipes, make our Perfect Pesto Pasta, our Roasted Garlic Chicken, or our Weeknight Salisbury Steak.
- Want a fun dinner with no clean up? Check out this collection of Foil Dinners for Oven, Grill, or Campfire.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 290
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 32g 64 %
- Cholesterol 101mg 34 %
- Sodium 718mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 7.8g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 5.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.