Grape Stompin' Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
What to Do
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish and lightly dredge chicken in flour; reserve flour for later use.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter, and saute chicken 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden. Remove chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat, and saute onions for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir reserved flour into skillet. Add wine, broth, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and grapes; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add chicken back into skillet and heat 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is inspired by the 1950s TV show, I Love Lucy. In an episode titled, "Lucy's Italian Movie," Lucy visits an old-fashioned winery to learn how to make wine. As you can imagine, it turns out to be quite an experience for her!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!