Jerk Style Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
A traditional Kwanzaa dish, Jerk-Style Chicken is packed with flavor that your family is sure to celebrate all year long.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon dried jerk seasoning
What To Do:
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining ingredients, seal, and turn bag to coat evenly.
- Place in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken and onion in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish; discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
For a great go-along, try our crunchy Kwanzaa Slaw.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!