Quick Chicken Curry
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ready to use those spices sitting in the back of your cabinet? We're shaking things up with this recipe for Quick Chicken Curry. You can have a dish that's full of flavor on the table in about 30 minutes and your whole gang'll be saying, "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, drained
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
What to Do
- In a blender or food processor, combine red peppers, onion, broth, coconut milk, and curry powder. Process or puree until completely smooth. Place sauce in a large, deep skillet.
- Over medium-high heat, bring sauce to a simmer, then stir in chick peas and carrots. Place chicken thighs in sauce, being sure tops are covered. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken. Serve topped with sauce.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- When using coconut milk, a common question that comes up is whether or not it's the same as cream of coconut. The answer is that they are NOT the same; cream of coconut is sweetened and much thicker. Cream of coconut is most often used in desserts and mixed drinks.
- If you enjoy curry as much as we do, you'll wanna try our Lamb Curry for another tasty meal!
- For more tasty Indian dishes, try our Easy Butter Chicken, our Tandoori Chicken, or our Vegetable Chickpea Curry!