Root Beer Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love the taste of old-fashioned root beer, then you'll love this lip-smackin' Root Beer Chicken. Whether you're serving this up for a picnic or potluck, everyone is sure to enjoy the added flavor! The root beer adds a rich caramel accent to the BBQ sauce, and it will have them saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"™
What You'll Need
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken pieces in baking dish; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Coat chicken with sauce and grill 5 minutes per side, basting frequently with sauce. Bring remaining sauce to a boil, then serve with chicken.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Go-alongs are the name of the game, and for this recipe, we suggest checking out some of our favorite deli salad recipes! For a twist on a classic, try our Ranch Potato Salad or, our always popular, Apple Bacon Coleslaw!
- Looking for potluck bring-alongs? Check out our collection of Easy Potluck Recipes or these Pack 'n' Go Picnic Recipe favorites!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more recipe ideas, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 493
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 2.3g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 68g 137 %
- Cholesterol 201mg 67 %
- Sodium 2,049mg 85 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1 %
- Sugars 32g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The great thing about beets is they're available all year long, and while they are quite versatile, pickling them is the most popular way to cook this colorful veggie. So grab a pot, boil some water, and start slicing, 'cause this Amish Pickled Beets recipe is one you won't want to miss!