Sassy Chicken Street Tacos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make a trendy food truck favorite at home with our recipe for Sassy Chicken Street Tacos. Inspired by the taco food truck craze, these tacos are anything but basic. They're stuffed with lots of flavorful shredded chicken, fresh pineapple, onions, and some crumbled cheese. You'll be smiling with every bite!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks, with 1/4 cup reserved for garnish
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion plus extra for garnish
- 4 cups cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 (4-inch) soft corn tortillas
- Goat cheese crumbles for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
What to Do
- In a blender, combine pineapple, chipotle pepper, lime juice, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Blend until mixture is smooth, then pour mixture into large skillet. Stir in beer and 1/4 cup onion.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until hot. Stir in chicken and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Evenly divide chicken mixture into tortillas and garnish with reserved pineapple, onion, goat cheese, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 393
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 1.7g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 47g 94 %
- Cholesterol 119mg 40 %
- Sodium 787mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.3g 21 %
- Sugars 6.9g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe was inspired by Elvis, who had a love for all things peanut butter, bananas, and bacon! We may not be able to perform rock 'n' roll like our good friend, Terry Buchwald, but our Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Bake is our way of paying tribute to the King.