Skillet Barbecued Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 pieces
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Who says you have to go outside to make an amazing BBQ dinner? Not us! With our recipe for Skillet Barbecued Chicken you can cook up a summer favorite...indoors! So, whether it's snowing, raining, or you just don't feel like firing up the grill, this barbecue chicken recipe is just perfect. Trust us, every bite is lip-smackin' good.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
What To Do:
- In a large deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter; saute onion and garlic 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt then add it to skillet and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 35 to 40 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken, stirring occasionally.
- If you love this stovetop bbq chicken recipe, then we suggest you check out our collection of Easy Skillet Meals. There's plenty of great ideas for tasty dinners like this one!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've been to a church picnic or, really, just about any kind of family get-together in the South, then you're probably familiar with pimiento cheese spread. It's a staple there! We thought we'd give these deviled eggs a Southern twist by stuffing them with a pimiento cheese mixture, and boy, did they turn out good! These Pimiento Cheese Deviled Eggs will be a hit with your family this Easter.