Southern Unfried Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 to 6
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
If you're craving a true southern staple like fried chicken but you don't want to feel guilty afterwards, then Chef Art Smith has the perfect solution Southern Unfried Fried Chicken. Packed with tons of flavor and crunch, you won't even miss the real thing!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat or regular Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Submerge chicken breasts in marinade and allow to soak at least 1 hour (up to 24 hours).
- While chicken is marinating, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, ground red pepper, paprika, and salt, if desired. Shake to blend.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Using tongs, remove chicken from marinade and place in bag with bread crumb mixture. Shake well, until chicken is evenly coated with bread crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet and chill uncovered in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat each chicken breast with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until no pink remains.
Don't forget to serve this yummy chicken recipe with our Southern Broccoli Tomato Salad. It makes the perfect summer combination!
Want even more chicken dinner recipes? Check out our collection of Southern Fried Chicken Recipes: 9 Easy Fried Chicken Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 322
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 2.3g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 42g 83 %
- Cholesterol 117mg 39 %
- Sodium 420mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 3.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone will love our fancy-sounding but easy-to-make Broccoli and Ham Quiche, whether you serve it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And since you can combine the ingredients in advance and store them in a plastic storage bag in the freezer until you're ready to thaw and bake it off, it makes an extra easy Easter meal!