Southwestern Chicken Packets
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're a fan of big taste, then you're gonna go wild over our Southwestern Chicken Packets! We cook our chicken inside tin foil to lock in the flavors of the spices and get that ooey-gooey cheese melted just right. Plus, it makes cleaning-up easy!
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, not drained
- 1/2 cup diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Cut 4 (12-inch) squares of aluminum foil.
- Evenly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and place each piece in center of a foil square. Evenly spoon sun-dried tomatoes, chilies, and corn over each chicken breast. Sprinkle cumin and chili powder evenly over vegetables. Wrap foil securely, leaving room for steam to circulate, and seal edges tightly.
- Place packets on grill, close grill cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Open packets carefully, as steam may be released. Sprinkle with cheese and continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Make 'em in the oven! - Bake chicken packets at 350 degrees for 15 -20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
In keeping with our Southwestern theme here, we think you'll also love our Taco Burgers!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!