Spicy Chicken and Bean Skillet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 Min
- COOK TIME
- 6 Min
- READY IN
- 10 Min
Why make the kids eat take-out when you can prepare an ethnic treat they'll love this quickly at home?! (It's a lot healthier too!)
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) black or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic, and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Stir in the beans, tomato, salsa, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through and no pink remains in the chicken.
- Spoon over warm rice, if desired, and serve topped with a dollop of sour cream.
- Note: Make this more authentic by garnishing it with additional chopped onions and salsa, or shredded Cheddar cheese and cilantro.
Make this more authentic by garnishing it with additional chopped onions and salsa, or shredded Cheddar cheese and cilantro. High in protein and fiber, and with significant anti-oxidant potential, black beans are a terrific addition to your family's menus. They'll love how great they taste in here too!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 306
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 5.5g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 24g 49 %
- Cholesterol 98mg 33 %
- Sodium 841mg 35 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.6g 30 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Beer-Brined Pork Chops are so moist, so tender, and so flavorful, you're going to want to pick up the bone and nibble on it, so you don't leave any of the goodness behind. Make these delicious pork chops on your outdoor grill in the summer or on a grill pan on a rainy day!