Spicy Cornbread Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Two great tastes rolled into one! This Southern dish will be a hit at your next outdoor cookout.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Nonstick cooking spray
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the drumsticks; mix well. Dip the drumsticks into the buttermilk and then into the cornmeal mix, completely coating the drumsticks.
- Place in a single layer in a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until browned and the juices run clear.
Hot or cold, boy, these are good!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says you have to go outside to make an amazing BBQ dinner? Not us! With our recipe for Skillet Barbecued Chicken you can cook up a summer favorite...indoors! So, whether it's snowing, raining, or you just don't feel like firing up the grill, this barbecue chicken recipe is just perfect. Trust us, every bite is lip-smackin' good.